Join The Satanic Temple of NYC at Catland Books on Friday, August 25th for an evening of lecture and discussion on topics relating to Satanism, feminism, rebellion, activism, and more. Proceeds from this event will go to the legal support fund for TST's Religious Reproductive RIghts campaign.
• Kristen J. Sollée, author of Witches, Sluts, Feminists: Conjuring the Sex Positive, who will trace the history of “witch feminism” from Early Modern Europe to the present.
• Tara Isabella Burton, whose work on religion, culture and place -- from 19th century Parisian occultism to Christian street preachers of Las Vegas to the last remaining Jews in Uzbekistan -- has appeared at JSTOR Daily, National Geographic, The Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic, and more.
• Sarah Lyons, whose talk The Black Mass, a Portrait of Rebellion will examine the witch's sabbath as a model for how we resist and rebel against a patriarchal society.
• Ash Astaroth, NYC assistant Chapter head and TST HQ director on the intersection between Satanic and Queer identities
• Plus special guest Lucien Greaves