HOW WE ARE TAKING ACTION
The Satanic Temple is fighting unjust laws that hinder our members’ religious reproductive rights in accordance with the First Amendment and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA). We need your help so that we can protect members. We will report on our progress throughout the year.
WHAT ARE CRISISPREGNANCY CENTERS?
Crisis Pregnancy Centers, also known as “pregnancy resource centers” or “pregnancy support centers,” are structures that disguise themselves as abortion clinics to attract people who are dealing with unplanned or unwanted pregnancies. The centers often provide misinformation and promote a religious agenda to dissuade people from seeking abortion services. Centers are not HIPAA compliant, so they are not required to protect the information or identities of those who visit. There are roughly 3,000 of these fake clinics in the United States. The Satanic Temple has created flyers that disclose these facts about crisis centers. The flyers are intended to be downloaded from our website so that volunteers can distribute them outside of the fake clinics to people who might not be aware of their mission.
WHERE CPC'S ARE LOCATED
Please download these PDFs and make copies to hand out in front of any crisis pregnancy center.
TIPS WHEN PASSING OUT FLYERS
- Always be courteous and respectful.
- Flyers are intended for people going into the crisis centers but may be handed out to curious people as well.
- When offering the flyer, ask, "Would you like to know a little information about crisis centers?"
- If a passer-by asks, "Why are you doing this?" Let them know you are helping people get accurate information so they can make decisions that best meet their needs.
- Do not engage in debate or long explanations. You can refer people to the TST website for more information.
Please submit your name or pseudonym along with the location of the clinic where you distributed flyers. On Mondays, please include how many hours you worked the prior week. This helps us keep track of volunteer efforts.
If you have volunteered to distribute flyers, tell us your story so that we can share this with others who are interested in participating. Feel free to submit photos.